Things that make you very worried.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Things that make you very worried.

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:28 pm

You ever read, see or hear something that just makes you stop breathing. Not shallow breathing, not slow breathing I mean the honest to goddess breath not going in or out kinda stopping.

For those of you who may have missed my pavy posting, the New Yorker did an amazing article on the Koch brothers, who are the 18 and 19th most richest men in the WORLD. And it talks about how for the past thirty or more years the two of them have been funneling money to various "grassroots" organizations and creating things like the Kato Institute, trying to mold America to better fit their visions. Here is the link if you'd like to read the article.

Well being the curious soul I am, I googled the pharse Koch brothers and found a website that pertained to California, my home state. I clicked on the video link at the bottom of this page, and just stopped breathing.

I am about as close as I've ever been giving up on America. No one wants to do anything but repeat what they have heard. No one wants to take the time to figure out what they think, or even to think for that matter. Dems don't listen to Reps, and vis-versa. And we have all seemed to forget that government works for US, not the other way around. And I mean all us, the richest of the rich to the poorest of the poor.

Anyways, I'm not good a political ranting, so I'm gonna end it here so you don't get all bored with me.

Steve Evil

Re: Things that make you very worried.

Postby Steve Evil » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:43 am

Well, the ever tightening grip of a handful of rich men on all of western civilization worries me as well, but take heart in humanity's ability to slap away the prying hand of evil when it reaches too low. . .

At the moment, I'm worried about my bank account, and the possibility that the bankers will be less than benevolent in the next few weeks.

Return to “General”