Hey Mark!

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Hey Mark!

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Abbadon

You meant to tell me ALL this time, all I had to do is go to Pellican Bay and ask to see HE and I could have met him? I'm almost certian he'd have come out just to see who the fuck besides his wife would come to see him.

You kept this from me for WHAT reason....

markabaddon

Re: Hey Mark!

Postby markabaddon » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Lori, bubbela, I was sworn to secrecy on that matter and broke cover (so to speak) only to address what I perceived to be a gross miscarriage of justic.

OK, so I was in a weird mood this morning (working on spreadsheets over 100 columns in length will do that to a man), and the Bird's question just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I probably should not have had such a snarky posting but it did not sound like Harlan was offended
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Totally understood Mark. We all know what a vicious, and LARGE lot of thugs HE is controlling from that prison cell....

On a more serious note, HE did just thank everyone who came to his defense. So, I suppose you have nothing to worry about.

And, I'm just as strange. I didn't bother telling you that Pellican Bay is only an hour away from me. And next prison you pick for your 'unca Harlan references, make it San Quentin. :lol: That's only a bus ride away!

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Now THERE'S a real estate selling point. "...And it's just a bus ride from the local prison!"

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Chuck

*L* Now I know this is gonna sound weird, but I swear it's the truth.

There is a little town a few miles away from the prison that is called San Quentin as well. It's got a halfway house for guys who get out of the prison, and a lot of the guards have homes there. It's creepy, but I bet the crime rate is lower that average!

Return to “General”