MadCon

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Barney Dannelke

Re: MadCon

Postby Barney Dannelke » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 am

Doug,

Oh, that is effing SWEET. Kudos and high fives.

Uncle Buck.
History is a vast early warning system. -Norman Cousins (1915-1990)

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi everyone. Steve, too, am sorry u and Cris and Lori and gwynne and Frank and everyone will not be there. :(

General question and my schedule. What is on the agenda for Friday? When is all Harlan's stuff? I am driving up on fri. Hope to be there early. My brother and my nephew well be with me I think. trying to get Nephew into U of W at madison. Ty Diane

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Okay - Harlan's Direct Schedule for MadCon (per their website):

Friday 9/24
3:00 – 4:30 PM (Offsite Event)– Harlan Ellison & Peter David at Frugal Muse Books Westside location, 735 Junction Road, Madison (Free)
8:30 - 9:30 PM – Harlan Ellison Explains the Creation of the Universe and Everything, Part I

Saturday, 9/25
11:00 – Noon – Harlan Ellison interviewed onstage by Bob Garcia
2:00 - 4:00 PM – Harlan Ellison Digs the Grave for the Universe Deeper, Part II
6:30 - 7:00 PM – Seating for Banquet
7:00 - 9:00 PM – Banquet with the Guests (includes Harlan's after-dinner talk)

Sunday, 9/26
11:00 - Noon - The Art of the Short Story – Harlan Ellison, Gene Wolfe, Allen Steele, John Krewson, Jim Frenkel
2:30 – 4:00 PM – Harlan Ellison Looks Back on the Origin of the Species, Part III
7:00 – 9:30 PM (Offsite Event)– An Evening with Harlan Ellison at the Barrymore Theatre – will include a screening of Dreams With Sharp Teeth, an onstage interview with Harlan, a Q&A with the audience and a book signing. (separate ticket required)

====

Additional Panels of Note for the Ellison-Minded:

Friday 9/24
10:15 – 11:15 PM Collecting Ellison! – Scott Norris (M), Barney Dannelke, Tim Richmond, Mark Goldberg, Rich Keeney

Saturday, 9/25
5:00 - 6:00 PM – Fingerprints on the Sky – Tim Richmond discusses his work on the ultimate Ellison bibliography with Peter David, Bob Garcia
9:00 – 11:00 PM – MadCon's Charity Auction (CBLDF & Alzheimer's Assoc.)

Sunday, 9/26
10:00 – 11:00 AM – Harlan vs. Hollywood – A Discussion about Harlan Ellison's work as adapted for film. television & radio – Bob Garcia (M), Scott Norris, Peter David, Tim Richmond, Barney Dannelke, Mark Goldberg
1:00 - 2:00 PM - Peter David, Reading, Q&A, Signing

====

Peggy and I plan to be local on Friday, probably around six and in time for dinner, traffic permitting (we're flying into Chicago and driving to Madison - the response to the highway robbery the airlines wanted to fly in and out of Madison at the times we were seeking. What the hell - I'm the road warrior.) Sticking until Monday.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 am

Mark won't listen because he is filled with irrational hate but somebody film this stuff and put it online! Harlan is working his sweet little tail off.

You know how I need my free stuff. Creative loafing is a gas.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:16 pm

diane bartels wrote:Hi everyone. Steve, too, am sorry u and Cris and Lori and gwynne and Frank and everyone will not be there. :(

General question and my schedule. What is on the agenda for Friday? When is all Harlan's stuff? I am driving up on fri. Hope to be there early. My brother and my nephew well be with me I think. trying to get Nephew into U of W at madison. Ty Diane

Diane - I think you should hook up with Dima. She's a wonderful person and I want to make sure someone's watching out for her at the con. :wink:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Steve, I would love to hook up with Dima.
Dima, I will be getting there Fri, late morning or afternoon. I think I am helping Jon with registration for a bit but then, maybe we could meet for food and coffee? my e-mail is DianeBartels99@comcast.net.

Jon Manzo, my Paypal account and/or my bank have crossed their wires somehow. Or I am just stooopid! Anyway, I will get the payment to you for my banquet ticket by tomorrow. My nephew Vinnie and my brother Dave are coming up with me. Vince wants to go to U of W so he and Dave are going to prowl Madison while I am busy. But they don't need banquet tickets. Thanks Jon.

Barney Dannelke

Postby Barney Dannelke » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Did phone time today with Tim Richmond and Doug Lane.
As of 8:45PM Sunday evening my travel plans remain unchanged.
I'll see everybody there.

- Barney
History is a vast early warning system. -Norman Cousins (1915-1990)

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I believe Thunderbirds are go from down Houston way.

And I'm bringing a neat trinket from the vaults...

Dima

Postby Dima » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Aww, thank you for thinking of me Steve, that's sweet of you. Although I was thinking more along the lines of company that someone to look out for me ;) I do wish you were able to come out though...

Diane, I would love to meet up. So far I'm planning to get there Saturday morning. I'll e-mail you my phone number so we can connect.

Dima

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Dima,

I will send you a private message with my cell phone info, we can certainly meet up while there

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone,

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:19 pm

I'll be there. Early afternoon, all things being equal. If you need my cell number, jet me an email.

Rick

rick_keeney@yahoo.com

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am

Keeney,

I still will bet that you end up leaving late morning like we are, arriving late afternoon

Hope you are feeling better, bubba

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 pm

If I don't feel any better than I do today I'm bailing on this one. I'll give this infection 24 hours.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:32 pm

A chest infection, what? I am concerned, Keeney, beyond our ire-joshing.

I have this mysterious cough that goes on around October, lasts about a month, then goes away. Has happened every year for about five years straight. I don't have chronic bronchitus. Odd.

Kafkahead

Postby Kafkahead » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 am

To anyone going to Madcon

Someone give Harlan some greetings for me. I really wish I could be there and meet him in the flesh.

K.

Return to “General”