MadCon

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

biglou

Re: MadCon

Postby biglou » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Wanted to re-post and give it one last shot ---

De-Lurking to see if anybody is travelling from Milwaukee airport to the hotel in Madison on Friday am. I can't seem to find an inexpensive way to do so and wanted to see if anyone is planning the same trip -- splitting the cost. I will be at the airport at 8:00 am.

I am really excited for the show and looking forward to putting faces to the names I have read many times here over the years.

Thanks for looking!

Lou

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:51 pm

An unexpected surprise turnabout - I may have to invest a little more faith in sweat lodges...

Big Lou - sorry, not going you way; if it's of any help, Greyhound runs several time a day from Milwaukee to Madison, with an online fare under $20 each way; and there are other options to get you from the airport in Milwaukee to the Greyhound - see http://kiwinc.itgo.com/mwc/intercity.html for more info.

Kafka - Will certainly pass along your well-wishes.

Everybody else: with bells on!

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Big Lou - quick follow-up - Badger Bus Lines runs a route from Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee to Dade County airport in Madison - a couple bucks more than Greyhound's online price, but also fewer gyrations from point A to B (Dane County is about a mile and a half from the con hotel) - http://www.badgerbusonline.com/ticketing/BasicSchedule.aspx. Hope this helps in some way!

Sara Slaymaker

Postby Sara Slaymaker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You see before you (figuratively, of course) a woman who will be dancing gleefully through Philadelphia airport (and if you know PHL, you know that's unusual) to get on the plane to Madison on Friday morning. I will be arriving in Madison at 12:30. Will anyone be at the airport around that time? Can we meet up? What's the skinny, Minnie?

So excited!! I haven't seen Harlan in about 18 years. Really, really looking forward to this.

And to meeting all of you, as well. My buddies!!

Pay no attention. It's menopause. It tends to make one un petit fou.
Change is a dragon. You can ignore it, which is futile. You can fight it, in which case you will lose. Or you can ride it.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm

I'll be there with hells on. Lots of black anyway.

Fuck a cold, screw a fever.
Big Sexy

biglou

Postby biglou » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:36 am

Doug -- Thanks so much for your assistance!! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help.

Be well.

Lou

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 am

Rick Keeney wrote:Fuck a cold, screw a fever.
Big Sexy

NEWS ITEM, DATELINE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2010:

"As of this morning there is still no known origin for the outbreak of Ebola at a science fiction convention in Madison, Wisconsin."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 am

Sara, speaking as a native of Philadelphia, if you do dance gleefully through the airport, I have a strong suspicion you will never make it to Madison!

Still planning on heading out around 10 or 11 AM, and should get there by late afternoon. Not sure of the plans for tomorrow yet, but I am planning on attending Harlan's first talk at 8:30, so we could all definitely meet up before then. I also plan on hitting the hotel bar after that, as I will need a few drinks in me if I plan on being on a panel with Barney and Typhoid Keeney
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:13 pm

OK

Someone has graciously offered to pick me up the Harlan booklet and maybe even get it autographed for me, which is cool but I have a favor to ask of the rest of you.

Long story very short, I need to replace a button I once had... But I don't go to conventions anymore so it's a bit hard. I would really appericate it if someone found and procured an Avon (Blake's 7)button for me if at all possible. I'm willing to pay for it and the postage to get it to me.

Yours in jealousy

Lori

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Lori, you a Blake fan?

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Evil

Dose the pope wear a funny hat?

Yeah I have been a Blake's fan for a few decades now. Saw my first episodes back in the 80's and have been in lust with Paul Darrow ever since.

debbie

Postby debbie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm envying everyone going to MadCon. Just didn't have the time or money. I hope everyone has a great time. Enjoy yourselves!

debbie

Rick Keeney

over-caffeinated late in the day

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 pm

yeah laugh yer asshole head off Goldbgr. I'm going to the brewery with your dolly. See how that hits yer chinchilla. (I have no idea what that means.)

Barber, stick to photography, and hot wife jazz appreciation. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:

"jesus, they're like tribbles, jim."

yeah, screw you Goldbgr. I'll see you in the land of milk and, well milk.

fyi Wisconsin's state motto: "Come Smell our Dairy Air."

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 am

Mark, Rick, Sara, Barney and Dima, Still can't sleep but happy as heck. Who needs sleep, we got Harlan. Dima has my cell phone #; it's okay to give it to these guys Dima, should they want it.

Kafka, of course I will convey all your good wishes to the Man. Gratz on starting college. Knock em dead. Any stories u want to send i'll be happy to read when i gets back.

DB

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 am

Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

I know I'm being a complete hypocrite since when Keith organized the DREAMS showing here we didn't post any pictures, but I'd like to see what you lot look like. So somebody post some pictures and smile for the camera!
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Return to “General”