THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Ezra Lb.

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 pm

OK, Mitt. M-I-T-T
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Ezra Lb. wrote:Hey Barber, just out of curiosity, what does your buddy think of Mormon Milt? Real Christian?

You know, I don't know. Good question. I'm supposed to see Jim this week. I don't think he is anti-Mormon so much as he just believes Romney isn't conservative enough.

I'll ask.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Mitt is conservative enough, whatever that fucking means. What Jim means is that Mitt isn't a complete loon.

--------

Barber, thanks for letting us have fun at your expense.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm completely bummed by the death of Anne McCaffrey. Why? I didn't know her personally and I wasn't a particular fan of her work. I suppose it's the realization that the generation of writers who were all, say 25 years or so older than me, who were writing their fresh, ground-breaking work when my brain turned on, that formed the imaginal firmament under which I matured, are now slowly but surely passing away. Time is doing its terrible work.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 am

Time is a cold cup of coffee with floating cigarette butts.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Ezra Lb. wrote:I'm completely bummed by the death of Anne McCaffrey. Why? I didn't know her personally and I wasn't a particular fan of her work. I suppose it's the realization that the generation of writers who were all, say 25 years or so older than me, who were writing their fresh, ground-breaking work when my brain turned on, that formed the imaginal firmament under which I matured, are now slowly but surely passing away. Time is doing its terrible work.

Ezra.

While you are correct in what you are saying, you do realize that they left behind an amazing legacy. One that you can dip into whenever and for any reason you choose.

That's the only thing that keeps me from doing a little pre-death mourning for Unca Harlan.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Lori, is the pepper spray story getting huge play there in Frisco?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:That's the only thing that keeps me from doing a little pre-death mourning for Unca Harlan.

If it helps at all Lori, Harlan is now healthier and more energetic than he has been in a few years. He is in his third act. Awards, new works, audience participation, and a gleeming feistiness in his blue eyes that had been dull and grey for a while.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Barber wrote:
Lori Koonce wrote:That's the only thing that keeps me from doing a little pre-death mourning for Unca Harlan.

If it helps at all Lori, Harlan is now healthier and more energetic than he has been in a few years. He is in his third act. Awards, new works, audience participation, and a gleeming feistiness in his blue eyes that had been dull and grey for a while.

Thanks Barber.

I think I may have said it before, but he and I both suffer from Clinical Depression. I know from experience that things like that come and go. For his sake I hope it sticks around for a good long while.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:17 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Lori, is the pepper spray story getting huge play there in Frisco?

Sure is Frank. Yesterday there were public input meetings all over California. While I didn't get to attend, there was one here in SF at City College San Francisco(a city sponsored Community College). It was the only place they could hold it that had an auditorium big enough to hold the expected crowd.

They supposedly put the guy who did it on Administrative Leave while an investigation is underway.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Harlan is rewriting his life then? Giggle.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Each of us rewrites his or her life every day we life Frankie. The Function of Dream Sleep or one of them.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

This is why I keep using enlightenment language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4addkqPTHg

How this can be debated is beyond me.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 am

Hi guys. Cant post again till tomorrow. But in the name of accuracy - my BD is Jan. 4th. 1985. Okay so that very last part isn't strictly accurate. Am I still Jimmy's twin?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Susan is his fuel. Scotland must be the crack cocaine of countries. Loch Ness heroin.

Return to “General”