THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby diane bartels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:18 am

No I haven't. I've been meaning to go. I would love to meet him. My friend used to live in St Sabina's before she moved to Nebraska. Maybe I'll go in a couple of weeks. Will report back when I do.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Diane, he did an interview on the Smiley and West program. Good man. The Catholic church is trying to force him to take a job as a Principal of a Catholic school that is struggling, but he doesn't want to do it. He says he will leave the church if he is forced. Stay tuned.

Obama really railroaded him.

----------

Ok, Barber, what did I say?

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm

The administration of the Catholic Church sucks dodo eggs. But the liturgy is beautiful. And sometimes it produces great people like Father Flager.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 am

FrankChurch wrote:Ok, Barber, what did I say?

Huh?

When? What'd I say to get you to ask that you said???

:?:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 am

The Vatican was mum about the Contras, so dat tis true.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 am

Barber, you remember, in the Pav, saying I was tacky? Me tacky? nawwwwww

Remember, Harlan understands my jibes. I hope. I learnt them from him.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 am

FrankChurch wrote:Barber, you remember, in the Pav, saying I was tacky? Me tacky?

Oh, that. Yeah, your comment regarding the NHS came across as pretty crude after Jes' loss. Remember, he's a Brit who just lost his father after a long bout with cancer. I realize you were makign a point with humor, but it just didn't set right given the situation. Jes is a buddy with several people on the boards -- your comment this morning set things straight.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Boy, there I really didn't connect the dots.

I do notice that Josh hasn't posted in a while. That concerns me, regarding Harlan.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Diane, glad to hear you are feeling better

As someone who is friends with Jes outside the boards, I did find his comments offensive. Have had 2 emails from Jes since his Dad passed, both very short, but he seems to be doing OK. I did ask him if there was any charity to which he would prefer a donation to be made in his Dad's name but I have not heard back from him on that. If I hear something from Jes regarding this, I will pass along the info
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Welcome back Tim Raven. Say hi to Rev Dave for me.

Happy Easter to those who do. Happy weekend to those who do not.

Love, Diane

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 am

One Easter when I was very very small I found the chocolate egg with the dime in it at the Church Easter Egg hunt. I was so proud. And goshdarnit dang cute too. :D
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

The problem is it took you till twenty years old to finally figure out that you first have to peel the egg before you eat it.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 am

Bin Ladin was in a suburban area, near the military academy? All that bullshit about him living in a cave. Bush just didn't give a shit, he liked the fact that Bin Ladin was alive. He could use it to stoke fears.

You guys think Obama will be a shoe in to get reelected now? The USA chants do worry me.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am

FrankChurch wrote:The problem is it took you till twenty years old to finally figure out that you first have to peel the egg before you eat it.

Frank...what was the purpose of taking this shot? It comes across as snarky. I think you meant it as humor....?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Barber, I thought you knew about Ezra's and my love affair? He understands.

--------------

Ok, enough of the flag waving, we killed Osama, fine, let's move on. All this bleating is ugly. This should make us rethink violence, but I doubt it.

Return to “General”