THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Barber, you understand I was joshing with Harlan?

He needs a smile about now. I amuse him, never forget.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:34 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Barber, you understand I was joshing with Harlan?

He needs a smile about now. I amuse him, never forget.

Frank

Prehaps you confuse Harlan's silence for amusement. I get the feeling he's decided to treat you the way most of us do, which means we ignore you as much as we can.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Steve, I just posted something but the air et it. So here goes again. I support your decision to resign as moderator. You have done a fantastic job in a difficult place. You made this a cool place to hang out. But you have done it along time and so well. It is only fair that you should get your time back and return more fully to your life. I thank you for your service. It has been a pleasure to get to know you here and it was awesome meeting you and Cris in person in LA two years ago. Hope we can again in Chicago or LA. Everytime I pass a noteworthy photo site or a good jazz club here, I think gotta show that to Cris and Steve when they come. So thank you Steve for the great job you did.
And this is probably to late to do you any good, but I just found out about it. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is sponsorsing ARTFUTURA, which as I understand it is a juried art contest exhibit fir twodimensional art, including photos, which is why of course I mention it to you. The Associate Board of RIC is managing it but the submission deadline is April 15. Soon I know. But I love your pics and now u have more time to devote to them instead of pulling your hair out over our sillieness. Thanks Steve.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Lori, let's be nice, I am trying to be.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Lori, let's be nice, I am trying to be.

Frank

Hell, I could have been much more mean and rude, but chose not to.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Stick stick beat pig, fire fire burn stick, water water quench fire. Onn and onnn and I smile when I feel like crying.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Diane -
Thank you.

As they say...all good things. I've appreciated your support and friendship.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just changing my role around here.

You're a good person, and it's a privilege to read your posts.

Steve B
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:43 pm

hi Steve;
I can't help that i disagree with you at times .
I hope you believe i meant no disrespect.
follow your bliss,mike

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:44 pm

You done good, Steve. I just hope you know that we all know that. I can understand needing to move on. I'm sure it can get old. This is my favorite site in the web, with a fine group of people. You helped make it happen, to keep it going.

Thank you for that.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Steve, weather you choose to resign as moderator or keep the post we'll - myself absolutely included - will follow your example. No one can
wash our underwear 24 hours a day, but we'll do our best to watch our own laundry and make the environment as visitor friendly as possible.

I promise!

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm

"Frank...he does get the blood flowing around here, and I believe, in my heart, that it accomplishes something of which Harlan would approve."

Well, I wish I could be that complacent about it, but there are more constructive and forthright ways to "get the blood boiling" than prattling
with poor information and illiteracy. I and a few others sometimes get blood boiling too, but we're trying to aim for solid facts not
disingenuousness.

Consider how Harlan felt when Frank offered his "reality check" about Israel!

"Frank, you're an idiot!", Harlan declared. Do you think Harlan felt approving of this Frank Church then?

Anyone maintains anonymity under pseudonyms like "Frank" or "Paul" is - as Tom stated - a troll, albeit, in "Frank's" case, a benign one.

I guess I had to spout off because giving this guy encouragement isn't the greatest thing in the world. I myself deem his posts those of an ignorant
dipshit.

Now that I said it, I'm never raising the issue again. You can indulge this guy, I no longer will.

MichaelRapoport

Postby MichaelRapoport » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Steve - Thank you for your service, as the saying goes. It can't have been easy to ride herd on this odd, motley group - some of us odder and motlier than others - for as long as you did, and I fully appreciate your desire to take a step back. (This coming from someone who's usually just a reader here in the Annex, not a participant - hard for me to imagine how tough it must be to be engaged in refereeing these squabbles every day,)

You, Rick and of course Harlan and Susan have my gratitude - and I daresay the gratitude of everyone who frequents this site and cares about it - for making the Pavilion and the forums cool places to visit and hang out.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks everyone.

I feel a little like Tom Sawyer attending his own funeral....

But, to paraphrase an old saying: "I ain't dead yet!"

(But it's appreciated.)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Well I enjoy this place and the folks involved. It'll be interesting to see the changes coming. I say put the women folk in charge.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm

A matriarch never thrived in a caveman's society but we can sure as hell take a crack at it!

Return to “General”