THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

markabaddon

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby markabaddon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 am

Ez & Michael,

A few years ago I had a chance to hang out at a local Con here and Harry Knowles was the Guest of Honor. I spent a lot of time hanging out in Harry's room, and he grew to like me. At that time he was executive producer on a John Carter of Mars film that was in pre-production and he showed me some of the early CGI work. Even at this early stage I was blown away by how impressive it looked.

Harry has since left that project, so my hope is that Disney continued with the amazing vision that Harry began

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm a funny fucker. Love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

FrankChurch wrote:I'm a funny fucker. Love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I will once you give me proof that you can actually engage in a debate, complete with provable facts and all that...

But until then, no dice my dear! :twisted:

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Lori Sweetiebabycookiehoney,

"...once you give me proof that you can actually engage in a debate, complete with provable facts and all that..."

You have nothing to worry about.

And if I were you, I'd be keeping a close eye on the mail slot. I mailed you my heart. Or its desire. You'll see.

Look Caps!
Rick

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Rick my dearest little lump of sugary goodness....

I will keep and cherish that heart and its desire, but I'd much rather have the box of books you keep on promising me!

I mean, there's only so much one can do with a desire that so damned far away and all.

All joking aside, there was a very good reason I worded my last post to Frank the way I did, and you're smart enough to figure out why!

*hugs and stuffs*

Lori

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm

You got the lump part right.

-----

I predicted the Olbermann firing. Get ready for the war!

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Dude

Just be glad that I'm too broke to get together with Keeney and make an effort for the two of us to Gibb's Slap your ass into next year!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm hiding your bunny flogger. :mrgreen:

swp

Postby swp » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Lori: be cautionary about Rick. he only wants you for your warmth, seeing as how it was 46 below zero up there yesterday. hold out until the spring thaw to make sure he is sincere. 8)
swp

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 pm

would it be okay if i ignore the rules of civility posted elsewhere on this bulletin board and insult anyone and antagonize anyone and insult anyone i choose?

can i be told to knock it off and can i then come back within the same week to repeat that behavior with no fear of reprisal?

because i would really rather not, i'd rather single out one individual, a definitive pisher in my estimation, for a serious wordfest. because the antagonism toward me is ongoing, and this is a particularly poor fucking time to get under my skin.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 am

Rick -
I'm under a lot these days. Forgive me if I missed something. Bring it to me attention directly and I'll handle it -- but really, I'm not omniscient and don't really feel like playing games.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Brian Phillips

Postby Brian Phillips » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 am

Actually, this was reported by Gay Talese in 1966. "Frank Sinatra Has A Cold" is the name of the story. Read it here:

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1003 ... NATRA_rev_

I don't know whether Harlan feels it is accurate, but it is one account.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 am

rocrizzo wrote

You know, everyone gets mad at me, and I get mad at everyone from time to time.
It's only a matter of time until I piss each and every one of you off.

If I pissed Harlan off, big deal. He'll get over it. The same goes for anyone else.

I am not afraid to speak my mind, and can take it. If you can't take it, too bad.

I always say it's better to get pissed off than pissed on.

rr, sorry but it is not within your power to piss me off by anthing you post here. And I think you probably have less power over the rest than you imagine as well. It is not a question of being "afraid to speak my mind". What courage is required to post here?

It is useful to remember that when we write we often reveal more about ourselves than we fully intend.

Write something interesting and don't be so concerned about what other people think.

Not every conversation need be a confrontation and no one needs to piss off or piss on.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Keeney downs me all the time. I at least cap with tongue in cheek. I never do anything in hate.

Keeney, be good.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 pm

To be fair, we don't really know what will set Harlan off. This is why we like him, he is a maze.

Return to “General”