THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Site Admin

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Moderator » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:07 pm

FrankChurch wrote:You mean radiation or just pills?

Don't know yet. That's to be discussed. It's probably a series of injections from what we've read.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Paul, just checking in and saw your post about your friend. Any updates?

Lori, hope your Dad continues to improve and has the full recovery you expect

Those posts by "Matt" over in the Pav were a bit suspicious in my eyes. Anyone else get a sense that Rob might have been the one actually sending them?
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Update: Just got a call from my mom . Seems like the doctors are having a hard time getting a handle on this. Now they say it's a blood borne staphylococcus infection. As mom and I talked they were getting ready to take an upper GI x-ray to attempt to figure out where the infection is coming from. So, for now its four different medications thru an IV and a lot of hopes and prayers. And' of course, this would be happening right along side a depressive episode of my own.

As far as Matt goes, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whomever he is it seems to me like an attention grab of the most juvenile sort.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:50 pm

"Matt" has actually been around for a while. "He" was banned once, but apparently curried good enough favor for a return appearance. "He" (or "she" or "it") posts very rarely, and from what I've personally seen of Rob's posts (at least before the recent bru-ha-ha), I highly doubt the two are connected.

Steve, all the best to you and Cris. My grandmother was diagnosed with stomach cancer when she was 17, was told by her doctor that she wouldn't live long enough to have kids. Said "Screw that!", got married, worked for the phone company for 30 years, had three beautiful daughters in the meantime (my mom being the youngest), and watched as her progeny multiplied to include 25 grand kids (Mormon families....). She passed away at the (for me, not quite ripe enough) old age of 78.

By the time my grandfather passed away in 2011, the count stood at 102 great grandchildren and 20 great great grandchildren.

And for the record, my grandmother not only outlived the doctor, but all the doctor's kids. ALL of them.

I'm sure that diagnostics are much better today, and a slow-growing, treatable diagnosis is, while not something to be necessarily celebrated, the second-best possible news. As certain as any of us can be about the unpredictability of life, I suspect you two will have more decades to spend with each other.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:45 am

Welcome back Duane baby.

If it wasn't Rob then where is he?

paul

Postby paul » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Steve~ we're glad to hear Cris' prognosis. It sounds as though it'll be a slog, but a manageable one. Tell Cris I said hang tough, sister. It'll feel so good when you guys come through the other side.
~~~~~~~~~~

Lori~ What can I say? Helluva Father's Day. I'm glad you can keep a positive attitude in the midst of all this. It sounds at least like they know what course to take and where to go. Stay strong, I know that depression demon. Sing a little song and kick him in the nuts for me, kay?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all for your thoughts. As for Dale, he's been missing one full week today. His wife, Deneane, her sister and the three kids have been there this week, the kids and sister tweeted yesterday they were coming back to Texas. Deneane was staying in CO, of course. "Officials" have said the likelihood of finding him alive is slim, and they're scaling back searches due to lack of new information. This has been just tragic. For weeks they were posting about how they were looking forward to the vacation, Wednesday was their oldest boy's birthday, and now, Father's Day.

I'll not clutter this section anymore with this, but here's the screed: this has really gotten under my skin, and I don't know why. Yes, it's someone we know and care about, but more than that. I get really angry when I talk about not being able to find him. How can this be? To me it's just the not knowing. I'd be insane, ballistic. "You call this a search party?!" and "You don't have bloodhounds?!" Yes, it's a huge park, yes there are acres of ground to cover, I get that. It's like when I hear about someone dying of pneumonia, while in a hospital. What? How?!
In the 21st century, with hundreds of people gridding off a known, finite area, technology, dogs, how can there be "lack of new information"? If on the one hand, he's in a ravine with two broken legs, he's not going anywhere, won't they come across him eventually? If he's wandering around, I'd like to think he'd be able to find some kind of civilization in a weeks time, that they'd cross paths. I don't know. Kat says she understands and the sheer size and scope of the park is the main factor. The angry person in my head wants to say, there's something fishy, like he got waylaid, picked up in a truck and whisked off to the Hills Have Eyes compound. That's the only way this will make sense. Probably not, but, hell.

I'm sorry, gang, but thanks for letting me vent. I don't know how, or even if this will close anytime soon. Sometimes the sheer capriciousness of this life astounds and enrages me.
The medium is the message.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 am

You got a good heart Paul.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Paul,

Vent away my friend. And if you want to call, my cell phone has not changed from the last time we spoke. Let us know if there are any developments

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

They sent my dad home on Sunday with enough antibiotics to kill several horses and some anti diarrheal stuff. Apparently the Keflex makes ya shit, which is kinda not good.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am

I'm sorry Lori.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Big victory for people like me who want a bigger share of the commons. The FCC will allow thousands of people to buy low frequency fm stations:

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/20/i ... nity_radio

Frank Church radio! Wish I could afford it. Woo.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:07 pm

FrankChurch wrote:I'm sorry Lori.

He's fine Frank. He got the shits from his medication. Doesn't make sense to take it if all you do is shit it out. So the anti dirreahal.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 am

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:38 am

Jon Stewart showed up on Egypt's Daily show:

http://www.today.com/entertainment/cair ... 6C10418946

This could really help Muslim, Jewish relations.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

How are things going Barber?

Return to “General”