TERMINATOR:LITIGATION

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Ezra Lb.

TERMINATOR:LITIGATION

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 am

Yikes!

Has anyone but me seen the new Terminator flick?

I suppose everyone is familiar by now with HE's legal imbroglio with the first T movie. Stupid James Cameron publically admitted he ripped off the story that became the original OUTER LIMITS episode The Soldier and he paid for it.

Well when I saw the new movie I sat up straight because there is an important plot point that seems to me to be a direct lift from the other HE teleplay from OT, Demon with a Glass Hand!

No spoilers but if nobody else notices it I'll guess I overinterpreted but if you do, then who's gonna go tell HE?

Yikes!
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

K. M. Kirby

Re: TERMINATOR:LITIGATION

Postby K. M. Kirby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Go ahead and spoil it. I want to hear the infringing plot points.
--kk

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:12 pm

SPOILERS POSTED BELOW SPOILERS POSTED BELOW SPOILERS POSTED BELOW

(With permission)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Look I appreciate that but I would rather somebody else subjectively pick up on it than to have me give my interpretation and have that color other people's attitude.

Make sense?

Surely somebody out there is going to go see the movie.

I'll tell you what. If nobody responds over this weekend I'll post my take on Monday.

Fair?
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”

Coil 2.0

Postby Coil 2.0 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Perhaps no litigation would be possible at this time. Harlan said just a few days ago that one of the clauses in the settlement was that he could not sue over future Terminator movies.

I'd still like to hear what you thought the potentially offending part was.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 am

Nobody saw the movie?

Or nobody saw the movie and and saw the same thing I did?

Ok maybe I'm overinterpreting and if coil is right it may not make a difference anyway.

So ok I promised.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

The ultimate revelation in HE's script for the Outer Limits episode Demon with the Glass Hand is that Trent, who believes himself a human being turns out to be a robot/cyborg.

The new movie hinges on the plot point that Marcus Wright, played by Sam Worthington, believes he is human but turns out to be a robot/cyborg.

Coil 2.0

Postby Coil 2.0 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Continuing the spoiler alert...!

"The new movie hinges on the plot point that Marcus Wright, played by Sam Worthington, believes he is human but turns out to be a robot/cyborg."

That was revealed in one of the trailers I saw. And I still haven't seen the movie. Quite likely won't until it begins an endless run on AMC.

Return to “General”