Which of you Mooks wants to keep me from looking like a fool

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Which of you Mooks wants to keep me from looking like a fool

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 pm

hey ya all:

Since I've got a snowballs chance in hell of acutally MEETING unca Harlan, how goache would it be to attempt to get him to autograph some stuff for me by asking for it on the Pavy... I'm willing to send all necessary itmes for a return posting...

And if any of you who have more direct access could acutally ask him offline if he'd be bothered, I'd love you for life!!

Peace, love and all the goodies

Lori

Alan Coil

Re: Which of you Mooks wants to keep me from looking like a

Postby Alan Coil » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:hey ya all:

Since I've got a snowballs chance in hell of acutally MEETING unca Harlan, how goache would it be to attempt to get him to autograph some stuff for me by asking for it on the Pavy... I'm willing to send all necessary itmes for a return posting...

And if any of you who have more direct access could acutally ask him offline if he'd be bothered, I'd love you for life!!

Peace, love and all the goodies

Lori

Lori, this mook will help, answer the question--partially.

Harlan is more than happy to autograph any book of his. Return postage is indeed required, as you suggested, but that's just common courtesy anyway.

That's the part I remember, cuz I bin drinkiong. {Hic.} What I don't remember is where to send them, although that might be to the H.E.R.C. address.

Duane

Postby Duane » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 am

It is, indeed the HERC address. Include a note indicating how you want the items signed, include also an envelope/package for return along with postage. Then, as Harlan says, wait patiently.

BTW: I thought you were swinging down here to LA LA Land for the Pink's Hot Dogs experience. Did that ever happen?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am

What's so fucking hard about meeting Harlan? Next time he does a pinks run in LA go say hi.

You scaredy kat.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:11 am

I like the new avatar Frank.

Yours???
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 am

Lori, let me reinforce what Duane said. My suggestion is you post a note in the Pav, tell HE you will include a self-addressed package for return and you stand a pretty good chance of having him say yes. Not sure how quickly he will get to it, but I doubt that would riase his ire.

Unless you deliberately provoke him, HE does not go off on people who ask him for something. Whether he agrees to it is another question, but I seriously doubt he would roast you for it, if you asked nicely and included a SASE
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Barber, I prefer Jack Russells, because they are cool dogs. I am a bit more of a cat man. They keep to themselves well.

I just like the eerie human cynicism in his eyes.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Now that I look at him, he freaks me out. "Quit judging me, damn you!!"

Duane

Postby Duane » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Both your avatars have that same look, if you look closely enough.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks Guys.

I know this is pretty trivial, but it kinda reminds me of something that happened when I wrote a rather detailed fan letter to Stephen King back in the day.

I got a little canary yellow card that read (totally paraphrased of course) that if he took the time to answer all his fan mail, he'd have no time to write, and wasn't that why I was writing in the first place.

Besides, if I actually do get around to meeting the man, I'd like to know that I'm starting with a clean slate. You know, that I haven't done something to irritate him.

I'll probably go post something to the Pavy, but don't expect it today. I did something stupid and am kinda wallowing in it.

Love ya ALL (even you Frank)

Lori

kevinkirby

Finding Space for the (Ho-hum) Fans

Postby kevinkirby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I felt the same way last weekend, when the time came--at long last--to propose, or perhaps confirm, something like "marriage" to Princess Leiah. The whole thing takes on a completely different flavor when you actually come in contact with someone who, up until then, exists outside you purely as a technically-induced fantasie figure.

One bit of advice given me by a famous author, met online sometime between windows 95 and 98, basically implied that it would be better if I never went out and actually read any of her books. And it was true. A few years later, I read and reread the books, started seeing the promo stuff differently, got a "delusions of reference" thing going in some areas, and then developed this big blister thing on my third eye.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks for understanding Kevin

I'm just so totally afraid of being overly awestruck and loosing all cool if unka Harlan and I were ever to meet.

He's such a big reason I've become who I am, and I'd love to just get the chance to sit and soak up that wonderful wit and wisdom of his.

OFW, seeing as that's probablly a HUGE pipe dream.....

See, he's not even in the same fracking part of the STATE I am and I'm loosing it. I'd hate to see me sitting across a table from him. Food would become not only nourishment but the only way I could keep my self from blathering on about things!

enough of this..... Gonna go see a buddy of mine and get that picture of my Tatt that I promised another thread.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Duane

That trip was planned, but you know how things go. You don't always get what you want when you want it.

I may try again in June. I'm expecting another influx of money, and if I budget correctly I just may make it.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 am

Barber has been with Harlan quite a bit, ask him how to approach the bloody axe.

Well, Barber hasn't "been" with him.

Blush. Horrible thought.

haha

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:01 am

That's it, the dog is Harlan in another life.

Return to “General”