Alan Coil

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

Alan Coil

Postby robochrist » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:48 pm

With the restraint I can muster, consider this post an insult in your face for your inconsiderate, moronic, ill-timed post in the Pav.

If I say any more, I'll be breaking the codes here.

YOU don't want to know what I think of YOU!

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:16 am

...you're also "colloquially clueless".

Alright?

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:52 am

Rob,

I think you employed considerable restraint, especially in that your response was here, not at the Dining Pavilion.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 am

ROB,

Now that it has been a few hours since your initial posting, I'd like to address your posting a bit more.

I made a comment about your word usage, and now you wish me dead? Kinda over the edge, innit? (See, I can write colloquially, too.)

I didn't say anything along the lines of 'quit whining', 'get over it', or 'how emo can you get'. All or any of those responses might lead to your apparent anger at me. But I didn't say those things. I didn't even comment on anything except your word usage.

I understand loss. My father died when I was 27, my mother when I was 36, and the only grandparent I ever knew died the year I turned 40. Most of the places where I lived have been razed. The home I have the most emotional attachment to is a place that I can no longer visit. It, too, is in the hands of another.

I understand your loss. Doesn't mean alright is a word.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am

Rob -
For what it's worth, Alan's interpetation of his post is exactly how I read it. I didn't read it as a minimizing of your loss.

The timing may have been bad, but the intention was not.

(IMHO)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Return to “General”