The 25 Things About Me Facebook meme

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Speaking for myself (SOMEBODY has to DO it!)...

One of the most annoying things to me in this particular environment is taking a line LITERALLY out of context to mischaracterize, twist, or entirely OVERSHOOT the point of the original argument - and then having the gall to come back at me with some didactic bullshit. That's being obtuse. Not even an effort at conversation, it's just being obtuse.

Lori strikes me as one of several here who don't often read my posts - and that's REALLY ok. But if you're NOT going to read my comments, or at least make sure you got what I'm aiming for, then you shouldn't reply. That's the IDEAL universe, of course.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Well, Rob, it seems we all just don't get it. Maybe that means we ARE obtuse. Try explaining it to us again.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, why don't we ask Lori what she meant. Maybe this is all a miscommunication

Lori Koonce wrote:robochrist wrote:

For a dominant species, humans are anything but noble.

Domination and nobility usually have nothing to do with each other robo, you just have to take a good look at things like colonialism to figure that one out!

Which is exactly what I thought Rob was saying. . . Could this not be construed as a statement of agreement? (though I'll admit it doesn't quite read like one. . .)

Return to “General”