Frank Church Has Won MY Heart and You Can't Have Him LORI!!!

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 am

BTW Gwyn

You've met Vance so you know I sorta like the unconventional look in men.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 am

I ooze, but it aint sex appeal. I think it is green.

-----------

Newsome is a twit. Jello Biafra just hates the guy.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 am

So, when's the threesome gals? hehe.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 am

FrankChurch wrote:I ooze, but it aint sex appeal. I think it is green.

-----------

Newsome is a twit. Jello Biafra just hates the guy.

Like i said before I wanna fuck the MAN, not his politics Frank!

And BTW, you may wanna get that green stuff checked out. Social diseases can cause a lot of pain if not take care of right away!!

While I'm thinkin about it, glad to see ya made it back. But, I'm still gonna bug you at Facebook. :evil:

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Cannot stand Facebook. I get poked but it doesn't even feel good.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:Anyways, what do you think about Mayor McDreamy's chances of becoming the Governor?

Good question: he's definitely got the liberal vote locked up, but I think that the same block of people who voted Proposition 8 into law would vote against him. After all, the proponents of Prop 8 used footage of Newsom beaming besides gay couples to "shock and awe" their constituents.

He'd probably have to back-stab--oops--I mean back-pedal on the gay marriage issue, which would be a shame. Contrary to what the Religious Right believes, it's not a religious rite, it's a Civil Right.

You made a good point earlier when you said that the main reason the Governator hasn't been effective is that he hasn't had a cooperative legislature. It remains to be seen whether or not that would change if Newsom were voted into the office.

Another salient and sapient point you made was that, unlike the Governator, Newsom can use the office of Governor as a springboard for bigger and better things (like running for President). Aaarnie has nowhere to go from here, thanks to the Constitution.

With Wiley Brown's political savvy behind him...who knows how high he can fly?
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 pm

For those who may be a bit confused by Gwyn's last post... We actually had coffee earlier today, and it's a contunation of our conversation.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Gwyneth M905 wrote:
Lori Koonce wrote:Anyways, what do you think about Mayor McDreamy's chances of becoming the Governor?

Good question: he's definitely got the liberal vote locked up, but I think that the same block of people who voted Proposition 8 into law would vote against him. After all, the proponents of Prop 8 used footage of Newsom beaming besides gay couples to "shock and awe" their constituents.

He'd probably have to back-stab--oops--I mean back-pedal on the gay marriage issue, which would be a shame. Contrary to what the Religious Right believes, it's not a religious rite, it's a Civil Right.

You made a good point earlier when you said that the main reason the Governator hasn't been effective is that he hasn't had a cooperative legislature. It remains to be seen whether or not that would change if Newsom were voted into the office.

Another salient and sapient point you made was that, unlike the Governator, Newsom can use the office of Governor as a springboard for bigger and better things (like running for President). Aaarnie has nowhere to go from here, thanks to the Constitution.

With Wiley Brown's political savvy behind him...who knows how high he can fly?

True that. And maybe we'll actually get SHIT done in Cali once again. We are slightly loosing our edge ya know.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 am

Lori, Gwynnie, you know who Tom Ammiano is?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:27 am

This bit of ear candy is dedicated to the ladies:

http://www.imeem.com/cadillacslim/music ... crazy_you/

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 pm

I can't speak for Gwynnie, but I've acutally talked to to the boy before.

He's now a California State Senator if I remember correctly.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Ammiano should be Governer or Senator, not the San Francisco Mayor. Newsome doesn't do a thing about the awful Frisco police, one of the worst in the country and has treated the homeless issue like the worst right winger. The gay community have money and power there, while the poor and homeless have no such power. Banning feeding in the park was a moral crime.

Willie Brown did nothing for the city but build up the stupid football team.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Ammiano should be Governer or Senator, not the San Francisco Mayor. Newsome doesn't do a thing about the awful Frisco police, one of the worst in the country and has treated the homeless issue like the worst right winger. The gay community have money and power there, while the poor and homeless have no such power. Banning feeding in the park was a moral crime.

Willie Brown did nothing for the city but build up the stupid football team.

WB is a slag. I met him once with a delegation of accomplished women from govt. He kept us waiting for 25 minutes. Then he came out, asked his protocol coordinator if she knew who we were. He then said, "I know who they are, I spent the night with them last night." F*CK HIM! I almost resigned on the spot and kicked him in the balls. But not.

Ammiano is FABULOUS!!! But he's SO queer, I think that Joe Plumber's Crack/ Six Pack average guy Cali wouldn't vote for him. That's such a pity 'cause he actually has humanistic values and gets shit done for his constituency. He once wore a pink boa to a Board of Supervisors meeting! Gotta LOVE that man!! A quote from the Bay Guardian says it all:

For most of his 12 long years at City Hall, Ammiano has been the progressive conscience of the Board of Supervisors. He was the first to propose a comprehensive tax-reform package that would have forced big business and the wealthy to take on more of the burden of paying for city services. He supported and pushed for public power when almost nobody else on the board would. He's consistently opposed the privatization of public services. He's worked for sunshine, not only in public agencies but also in nonprofits that get city money. He's been a part of almost every significant piece of pro-tenant legislation to come before the board in a decade. He's the only supervisor to speak at antiwar rallies on a consistent basis, and he aggressively opposed former mayor Brown and former supervisor Tony Hall's efforts to make protest organizers liable for the costs associated with demonstrations sparked by the Bush administration's launch of the war on Iraq. He's currently spearheading a push for the city to lay down its own underground fiber-optic cable to break the stranglehold Comcast and SBC have over Internet service.

Here are his current issue positions, for any CA resident whose curiosity has been piqued by this thread:

http://www.votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=70419

GO TOM!!!

P.S. Franklin, I'll be your little spicy samosa ANY day of the week! ;) Thanks for playing along and not getting pissed off at my including you in my sheesha-smoking, wet dream of an Ellison gift on the pavvy. :D
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm just shocked that I got the dvd.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:58 pm

FrankChurch wrote:I'm just shocked that I got the dvd.

So is the movie any good? I still prefer Batman with Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.
Call me a geezer, I don't care.

BTW when is that threesome going to happen? ;) Lori? Franklin? ;)
STAR WARS (1977)

Return to “General”