New Orleans

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

kevinkirby

New Orleans

Postby kevinkirby » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Here's a news video about author Poppy Z. Brite:

http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories ... 1c43d.html

David W. Pareis

Postby David W. Pareis » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Eh...I guess it's better than smoking crack you found in the gutter.
Anybody who needs Bob Dylan to tell him which way the wind is blowing is a serious mental defective.

Sterling Morrison

Pablo picasso never got called an asshole
Not like you
jonathan richman

paul

Postby paul » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 am

I just wonder what The Church feels about a non-gender specific woman who wrote Exquisite Corpse defending a church from THE CHURCH.

The only reason I picked up her short story book so long ago is because it was the first book I had ever seen with an Ellison blurb on the cover. I knew, therefore, that this was work that should be read. Been a reader ever since.
The medium is the message.

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:53 am

paul wrote:I just wonder what The Church feels about a non-gender specific woman who wrote Exquisite Corpse defending a church from THE CHURCH.

does lend a surreal quality to the situation. :lol: (dead chuch)

someone should call michael moore,"the pope and me"has a ring to it.

the pope could explain that "it's just not economicaly viable any longer, we have to cut costs".

kevinkirby

Support Toodle Day

Postby kevinkirby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Any opinion on this from Frank Church?

It seems sather absurd that a PD would crucify people in a church, on the orders of The Church. But that's what history's all about, I'd say.

Maybe it makes as much sense as imagining supporters of both Palestine and Israel meeting up on a BART train to duke it out -- or perhaps if the hordes of street gangsters here decided to move to the Middle East, in order to terrorize pedestrians over there.

Say, here's good news. A black cat crossing my path led to a cash reward, for once. One block after I see this black cat trying to cross into a busy street, from under a car, I notice a sign about a lost pet. I couldn't remember exactly which block it was on, so it took a bit of retracing and searching.

Turns out it was the right cat, though; gone missing two days earlier, from home about a block away and around a couple of corners.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:15 pm

You have done a good deed, Kevin.

Return to “General”