Who was just asking about global warming?

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

cynic

Postby cynic » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:26 pm

**********no doubt,CONSERVATION IS GOOD,see/hear t.l. friedman above.******************
IGNORE FRANK'S "PROPAGADNIST"COMMENT,HE DID'T READ/LISTEN.
*************i'm just trying to keep up with the FACTS,just the facts ma'am.*****************
did you enjoy the article?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/02/scien ... ?th&emc=th
or is it your opinion that we already know everything we need to know,and need look no further?
once again ,so's not to be misunderstood,CONSERVATION IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cynic

Postby cynic » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:28 pm

cynic wrote:link to scientific american interview with t.l.friedman

30 min. all good,stay tuned for the quiz at the end

http://www.sciam.com/podcast/episode.cf ... 0ECE43BA17

klik listen to podcast(i know you could figure that out, i'm borderline OCD)

Anthony Ravenscroft

Postby Anthony Ravenscroft » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:44 am

Couple of weeks ago, I tuned into Huckabee's TV show by accident, & sat through 15 jaw-dropping minutes of calling up a stacked deck of heads to complain how the winter's been so cold that OBVIOUSLY "global warming" is a total crock.

So, now at least I know Huck is a moron, & the world hasn't changed much due to Obama.

I've been complaining about the "warming" part since 1982, when I was the copy chief at the Minnesota Daily (U of M), a huuuuge daily student paper at the time. I pointed out to the writers & area editors that it'd come back to bite the warners (who I agreed with) on the collective ass.

Now, we've got Rightists all tickled that us Chicken Littles are "suddenly" trying to change the term to obfuscate the supposed lack of facts.

Which is especially ironic coming from the "faith based" faction (which derides us -- quoting, here -- poor reality based peons).

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:53 am

It's Febuary and the high today will be 56--all next week will be in the high 50s. Sure we got Olbermann, but Fox has so much power they can still make a bunch of mushrooms go creamloco.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:08 pm

remarck wrote:We don't fully understand women, but we want to date them anyway.

Wait a minute . . . let's not be hasty about this.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm

What is it with men? They get their heart broken once and they want to shoot up the workplace.

That sound on the grill, right when the grease pops--Man's ego.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:23 pm

FrankChurch wrote:What is it with men? They get their heart broken once and they want to shoot up the workplace.

If you've never wanted to shoot up your workplace, then you have never been in love.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Mike, did you read the Taibbi slam of Friedman?

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Mike, did you read the Taibbi slam of Friedman?

who,me?no....what's a tabbi?please don't laugh.
link us frank.
(many deserve a slam,but the grains of truth should always be sought,and admitted)

follow y'r bliss,mike

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Tiabbi is a reporter for Rolling Stone. Good one, in fact.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:50 pm

ok,
it's NOT tabbi.

thanks steve,
taibbi/tiabbi,potatoe,potato,tater.if frank doesn't link us,i may search tomorrow,tomorrow,there always tomorrow.

follow dat bliss y'all,m

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm

there's always tomorrow

kevinkirby

Still Clueless about Carbon Dioxide

Postby kevinkirby » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Clearly, the gopsters are performing their obstructionist head games over everything other than war profiteering. They're apparently even willing to go the extra mile in denying the inconvenient truth about recent climatic fluctuations. There's a thousand-and-one other bits of minutia over which they can be cornered into foolishly denying; such details should be researched, then thrown at them so they can be stretched in various absurd directions -- like Turkish Taffy.

Still, it's not entirely proven that global warming simply leads to a slope of further, overall temperature increases. Rather, it probably creates breakdown potential in a variety of environmental checks and balances. Once a critical factor snaps, all sorts of other things come into play.

As I've said before, regular fluctuations between days in the upper-150's fahrenheit, to well below freezing at night, may soon become the surface norm.

And that's not to mention the change in sky color from blue to pink.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:18 pm

War profits are kinky. You drop a bomb, kill a bunch of women and children, their nude bodies hanging from lampposts. I can see these guys in suits gagging their sausages, wondering what sizzling cootch smells like, since their wives won't let them do anything.

These are some sick bastards, who will do almost anything for a shilling. So don't be offended. It is too late to be offended.

Anthony Ravenscroft

Postby Anthony Ravenscroft » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Even out here in the hinterlands, some are trying to fight the rising wave of stupidity:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=106507

Return to “General”