Outrage after outrage.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

paul

Outrage after outrage.

Postby paul » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:14 am

This one burns, gang. Don't let the kids near it. Extinguish all smoking materials.

Self deprecating humor or knowing elbow to your peace of mind? You be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJqSWLC ... re=related

It's all a big campus wing-ding. It doesn't really mean anything. It truly is a song and dance routine.
Goddamn, I'm a really level-headed cat most of the time, but this got me. He pushed my buttons. This is obscene. Fuck him.

Sorry, just wanted someone else to see this. Wondered if this rankles any one else or if I'm, once again, baring my teeth over old shadows.
I know i shouldn't let it get to me, it's old hat and if I lose control they win, etc. ad nauseam, but goddamn.

Fuck him.
I could cut and paste that unto eternity and it still wouldn't cool me off.
The medium is the message.

alexanderthesoso

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:23 am

youre all going to miss me.

hunh. guess we need to redo our sights, then, eh?

holy shit, the lyrics scream that he knows what crap hes been pulling. gah.

David W. Pareis

Postby David W. Pareis » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 am

It's gone
Anybody who needs Bob Dylan to tell him which way the wind is blowing is a serious mental defective.

Sterling Morrison

Pablo picasso never got called an asshole
Not like you
jonathan richman

Duane

Postby Duane » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am

What was it?

alexanderthesoso

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:50 pm

It was a recording from a dinner, where president bush and some others performed a cowboy number, with the chorus, youre going to miss me, the way you used to diss me.

Lines such as, and here comes my friend scooter, finally free of the prosecutor.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:18 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:It was a recording from a dinner, where president bush and some others performed a cowboy number, with the chorus, youre going to miss me, the way you used to diss me.

Lines such as, and here comes my friend scooter, finally free of the prosecutor.

*sigh*

Anybody catch his softshoe preview of what he'll be doing once he leaves office??? (Provided, of course, that he actually leaves office...)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

alexanderthesoso

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:45 pm

hugging the brown brown grass of home (crawford texas)

alexanderthesoso

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Fuckin' old boys' club.

How one can be a serious journalist and attend a "secret" gathering like this is beyond me. Unless, of course, that journalist intends to make sure a recording makes it onto the web.

D.

paul

Postby paul » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Fuck the media. At the White House Correspondants dinner, we get MC Rove? And Greg Dennis is dancing right behind him in a 'Well, kids, we are all in this together' kinda way?
Welcome to the bullshit 'I need the job, let's not upset the applecart' mentality. These guys are charged with digging the truth out of the DC scene, yet give it up for a multi-media event. "There's an element of distance we need to keep if we 're ever going to get anything out of them," they say.

I feel like i'm watching Sam the Sheepdog from the Warner Bros. cartoons, clocking in during fight time with the coyote, then clocking out and going to have a beer with him. Now, it's all good. Fuck 'em.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri May 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Today:

DAMASCUS, Ark. - Violent storms rolling across the nation's midsection unleashed tornadoes, high winds and hail in four states and killed seven people in Arkansas on Friday, including a teenager who died when a tree fell into her bedroom as she slept.

The storms late Thursday and early Friday ripped off roofs and toppled train cars near Kansas City, Mo.; pelted parts of Oklahoma with hail; and knocked over tents at a popular open-air market in east Texas. Severe thunderstorms were moving into Kentucky and could make for a wet Kentucky Derby on Saturday.

Historical article:

Rev. Bill Shanks, pastor of New Covenant Fellowship of New Orleans in Metairie, said that he warned for years God would pass judgment on the city:

"New Orleans now is abortion free. New Orleans now is Mardi Gras free. New Orleans now is free of Southern Decadence and the sodomites, the witchcraft workers, false religion -- it's free of all of those things now. God simply, I believe, in His mercy purged all of that stuff out of there -- and now we're going to start over again. ...

"It's time for us to stand up against wickedness so that God won't have to deal with that wickedness."

May we assume that Rev. Shanks and Mike Huckabee -- and others of their ilk who claimed the New Orleans was destroyed by God as an act of vengeance -- will now condemn the wickedness of the otherwise good people of Arkansas as also being punished by God? If God punished New Orleans, isn't it correct to assume God had the same motivation for smiting Arkansas???

Hypocrisy is the Devil's game...
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat May 03, 2008 7:38 am

The smirking chimp fuck should be in prison.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:41 am

FrankChurch wrote:The smirking chimp fuck should be in prison.

AMEN brother! (said w/out sarcasm)

I'm so sick of these so-called X-tians forgetting the most important commandment given by Jesus, "Love God, and LOVE ONE ANOTHER, as I have loved you."

To quote the Black Eyed Peas: "Where's the love, ya'll?"

Jesus would be right out there hanging with the pagans and "sodomites", breaking bread with them and getting to know their point of view, I have no doubt. He'd call Rev. Shanks and Huckabee Pharisees and hypocrites. I'll bet they buttfuck their wives when no one's looking. And I wouldn't trust an altar boy around them.

God doesn't make bad things happen to punish people IMHO. We just live in a time of incredibly bad fucked-up weather patterns. Anyone who says this is a "punishment from God" might as well say he's channeling Ramtha (sorry, that's disrespectful for folks who believe in Ramtha.) Anyone who says this is a "Punishment from God"...see Frank's quote, above!
Humph.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat May 03, 2008 10:12 am

Actually, Ramptha is pretty wacky.

Jesus said "love your neighbor as thineself," Bush says spy on your neighbor first, verify his patriotism, if he does not meet your high standards, kill him and his whole family to make a fine example.

Neo-con standards, American made hypocracy. Seeing the stick in the Islamic eye without seeing the log in the American empire's.

paul

Postby paul » Fri May 09, 2008 8:48 am

Death is a tax shelter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/09/opini ... ref=slogin

Screw Switzerland, I want a bank account on Nauru.

Return to “General”