Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:17 pm

Well, if your a liberal, then you're one of those Todd Gitlin libs who nobody believes.

Duane

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:37 pm

From Uncle Drudge:

Meanwhile, the just released radio Winter Book [Jan-Mar 2006] from ARBITRON shows AIR AMERICA in New York City losing more than a third of its audience -- in the past year!

Among all listeners 12+, it was a race to the bottom for AIR AMERICA and WLIB as mid-days went from a 1.6 share during winter 2005 to a 1.0 share winter 2006.

During PM drive, host Randi Rhodes plunged to 27,900 listeners every quarter hour, finishing 25th place in her time slot, down from 60,900 listeners every quarter hour in the fall.

I guess you can't counter entertaining Conservative lies with boring, drab Liberal ones. Damn.

A really great talk show host who praises Bush when he deserves it and reams him up the backside when he deserves it as well: Bill Handel. Check him out mornings on KFI here in LA.

Duane

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:41 pm

All hail Opie & Anthony. The Virus has returned to NY airwaves!

Sorry, Mighty Dave. Some people belong behind the mic, and others belong out on tour with their cranky grandmotherly guitarists. Make up with NaNa Ed and get your ass out on tour!!

he he. :roll:

rich

Postby rich » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:52 pm

You keep talking like that to me, Frank, you're gonna have to let me wear your varsity letter jacket, or, at the very least, walk me home carrying my books. Just remember, I don't put out on the first date. It takes at least 3 dates, and a dinner at Applebee's.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Hell no!!! You're supposed to take me to dinner; I am the one with the pretty blues eyes and the come hither stare.

Duane, the left has a history of being on the side of honesty in reporting, while the right uses reporting as a bully pulpit, to undergo propaganda, at the highest levels of dishonesty. This is why they deregulated radio, so that Rush and his ilk could tangle the debate into knots. Luckily we have Democracy Now and Air America to take away a bit of the burn.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:38 pm

This piece, is critical of a Wall Stree Journal article that says that feminism is the main cause of rape. How fucking moronic.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2718

Yea, the bitches deserve it, right? The sexist right and their angles--could cut an angel.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:57 pm

A hispanic boy, raped and left for dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/27/texas. ... index.html

Yea, the anti-immigration people aren't racists. Yea.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:56 pm

They aren't racists; they're just pissed at the way Narduar treated Harlan way back in 1992. I'm sure they'll get over it; everyone else has.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Duane, don't milk this poison. I have my own shame to deal with. I was hoping Harlan would nuke AO, that was my intention. I love my bards barbs. Oh, mee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue May 02, 2006 6:22 pm

I was looking at the hardcover nonfiction best seller lists and noticed that their are many books with Jesus in the title. So, you writers out there, get those Jesus books pumped out before the money grail runs low.

I knew the savior was good for something. Let's get rich. yeeeeeeeehawwwwwww.

-----------

War with Iran around the bend, but no proof of nukes. Hell, this sounds eerie and familiar. Hmm.

Duane

Postby Duane » Wed May 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Unlike Iraq, which didn't then and doesn't now have the technology to put together a decent dirt clod let alone a nuclear weapon, Iran definitely does have the ability to assemble a warhead or two. Not only that, Iran has the support of Russia and China in its endeavors.

(Why? They want an unfettered pipeline into Iran's vast supply of oil, of course!! Does THAAAAT sound familiar?).

The only reason to enrich uranium to 90% potency is to weaponize it. You only need about 5% potency to use it as a fuel.

But rest assured. The fact that we invaded Iraq pretty much rules out any invasion of Iran.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed May 03, 2006 8:25 pm

Experts in the field have said that Iran has at best, five to ten years before they could have anything close to an actual nuclear bomb. It can be quite easy to get the Iranian people to overthrow their crazy leader, especially knowing that the largely young people there hate both the Mullahs and the fearful, comicbook leader. You spurn democratic forces and Iranian themselves would be glad to get rid of their leader. Their main concern is that America will attack them, like they attacked Iraq, and like most Muslim countries, they hate what they consider a Christian occupation--which is a valid concern, knowing Bush and his imperial friends. Iran would be stupid not to have a deterrent for an invasion by us. They talk tough, because they think it will prevent that invasion, which on their end makes complete sense.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed May 03, 2006 8:26 pm

The highly controversial Norman Finkelstein has the right line about this Israeli lobby flak.

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle ... emID=10199

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri May 05, 2006 9:28 pm

Holy shit, it seems that Christopher Hitchens had someone hack into Juan Coles' private email and posted it on Slate. Not only is that Brit freak a war pig, he is a fraud as well, who could give two shits about freedom of privacy. Fucking Brit bastard.

http://alternet.org/story/35834/

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri May 05, 2006 10:04 pm

Amazon has some crazy ass books. This book has the evidence and ultimate proof that men are half alien. Yea, lsd was a bad, bad thing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156184 ... iannetwork

Return to “General”