Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:06 am

The collar's capitalism too.

"Time, what is time" is a song. By Helloween or Blind Guardian, I can't remember which.

For that kid from the Bronx, I bet his neighbourhood was a planet unto itself. Light years away as it were from the echelons of power.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:29 pm

So why are we avoiding this immigration debate? Tell little Franky what is on your small minds.

My idea is to put more guards on the border and have better oversight of how the borders are manned. Get the people out of the shadows and put them on a track for citizenship. Speed up the green card system, and don't just let in rich people. Fine and jail companies who use and exploit cheap labor. About 66 percent of undocumentented workers are people who overstay their visas. If a terrorist wants in, he will get in. We need to understand this and deal with that simple fact. The only way to stop terrorism is for us to stop doing it ourselves.

This is not the important issue that politicos and the media make it out to be. Wish we could go back to more important issues, like the fact that tuna has dangerous levels of mercury in them. That alone should scare us much more than some poor person, who wants to eat.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Jesus may have walked on ice, not water.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060404/ ... entistsays

All the evangelicals seem to forget how easy it is to explain these things. I am not saying Jesus wasn't holy, but even he may have been a good trixter.

JohnPacer

Postby JohnPacer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:24 pm

I've got mixed feelings about Jesus myself, but what you're implying is that 2000 years ago people in the middle east were too stupid to know the difference between water and ice.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:44 pm

Brian Siano, do me a favor and tell Michael Shermer to kiss my white ass. Right wing atheists make no fucking sense.

rich

Postby rich » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:25 pm

JohnPacer wrote:I've got mixed feelings about Jesus myself, but what you're implying is that 2000 years ago people in the middle east were too stupid to know the difference between water and ice.

No. Just good PR guys. I mean, anyone can walk on ice (well, almost anyone), but it takes all kinds of moxie to walk on water.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Last night, on 20/20, some guy said that Jesus was never born by Virgin birth, and that his father was not this Joseph charactor we always hear about. Makes sense, since I always thought of Jesus as more of a radical teacher then savior.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:30 pm

Bill O'Reilly completely loses it!!

I'd think some of you know this by now, but if you do not, Bill O'Reilly has this fued going on with MSNBC's Keith Olberman, basically because Olberman is starting to edge a bit closer to O'Reilly's 24-54 year old male demographic, which in tv is media heaven. This snippet from Olberman's show has a radio exerpt from O'Reilly's show, where Bill loses it, as a caller tries to mention Olberman, and O'Reilly threatens the caller, with strong arm tactics and a threat at sending the "Fox security" to his house. A fun segment, and more proof that O'Reilly is fucking crazy.

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2 ... ill_1.html

I'd listen to Bill's show monday, I may try to call in.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Ironic how in Italy, they elect this center-left dude, but in Canada, they punch the numbers for this religious right crazy. Dude, I need payola, because this free mind is the dumping ground for the odd little whiffs of weirdness this world offers up.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:00 pm

Our girl with the spurs jingling, Molly Ivins hit it in the pocket

http://progressive.org/mag_ivins0306

John Edwards impresses me much more than St. Hillary, who is a real fool. We can have a woman next time. This dame is too close to the power centers. Fuck her.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 pm

Oh, shit, this fucking thing is genius:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-bei ... 18906.html

No wonder I love that movie, Wag The Dog. Beinhart is a Godsend. Chomsky with a sense of humor. lol.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:07 pm

So, in essense, Bush did create 9/11. Yikes.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm

To mangle Voltaire

If Frank did not exist it would have been necessary to invent him.

Frank, your hero Noam was not only referenced but actually QUOTED in an article last week in the venerable Washington Post! Chomsky in the mainstream!

In my prior post I said race did not exist, I did NOT say prejudice and bigotry did not exist.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:21 pm

>Chomsky in the mainstream! <

He'd renounce it all for the chance to have Jessica Simpson hose him down with whipped cream and lick it off poolside.

Really, it makes my head spin. I don't think Noam got many toys as a kid.

rich

Postby rich » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Ezra Lb. wrote:In my prior post I said race did not exist, I did NOT say prejudice and bigotry did not exist.

Then how does prejudice and bigotry exist if there is no "race"?

Return to “General”