Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

AndrewR

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby AndrewR » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:55 pm

FrankChurch wrote:The ultimate crime of America is invention of nuclear weapons. That could lead to world wide death.

You know that the Nazi's were actually pretty close to their own right? Let's not lose sight of that.

We got it first mostly because of the German scientists we stole in the first place. We at least showed a great deal of restraint once we had working units. Neither the Nazis nor the Japanese would have exercised any such restraint (if they'd been successful) and would have wiped whole nations from the map without a second thought.
Andrew Rogers

"Anything more than 500 yds from the car just isn't photogenic." - Brett Weston

AndrewR

Postby AndrewR » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:00 pm

My sources cannot be debated so shrill sabre rattling is the norm.

Frank, your "sources" are not unimpeachable. You just refuse to see anyone else's point of view and you refuse to admit that maybe, just maybe, you (or your sources) might possibly be wrong.

None of us really want to try anymore because you just can't win an argument with a zealot.
Andrew Rogers

"Anything more than 500 yds from the car just isn't photogenic." - Brett Weston

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Ezra wants me to lie half the time

Frank, what do you feel Ezra wants you to lie about?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:26 pm

FrankChurch wrote:The ultimate crime of America is invention of nuclear weapons. That could lead to world wide death.

Yes. Nazi Germany would have been much more gentle with them.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 pm

FrankChurch wrote:My sources cannot be debated so shrill sabre rattling is the norm.

This is absurd. Of course your sources can be debated -- every bit as much as anyone else's. If there were a single, bonafide irrefutable source the world would be using it by now.

The issue isn't that your source cannot be debated, it's that you don't don't appear to question those sources yourself.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Perhaps this quote from a French acquaintance of mine might better resonate when it comes to Israel and Hamas (forgive the imperfect English):

Don't get confused. Palestinians and Israelians are our brothers and sisters. Some of the leaders in both camps are terrorists and criminals with blood of children on their hands. Get these leaders to fight on a ring and kill each other as they are incapable to seat together for peace. The world wants peace. Stop killing innocents you fucktards.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 am

Watch this. Just watch this. A Frontline documentary, Losing Iraq.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/losing-iraq/

Jesus the level of American foolishness and incompetence is astounding!
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Ezra, but most countries thought Hussein had Weapons of Mass destruction. If you were President and the FBI chief told you that wmds were a slam dunk. What would you do?

Wink.

-------------

Chris Hayes had on a Rabbi who said at a rally that the civilians deserved it because they voted for Hamas. People are just losing their souls.

Here's something a friend who used to live in Israel told me: Settlers don't recognize the State of Israel because of the Bible. Isn't that like Hamas?

I notice people mention Hamas but not the other groups like Islamic Jihad. The reason is because Hamas can be reasoned with, which Israel does not want, because they want to continue the siege.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Barber, I don't know if Doug still reads this but tell him that the coroner in NY said that the chokehold death was murder. I was right.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Frank, you are correct:

From the AP:
"New Yorkers enraged by a man's death in police custody see a medical examiner's ruling that blames a prohibited chokehold as a clear indication the officers involved should face criminal charges."

The chokehold by police is prohibited.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:48 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Barber, I don't know if Doug still reads this but tell him that the coroner in NY said that the chokehold death was murder. I was right.

I saw that as well. But I won't be simply carting messages over to Doug now that he's gone.

Not even sure he's talking to me anymore either as a result of the bullshit last week.

I'm serious.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Barber, I am oh so sorry.

I will give all of you a pass, but just for today.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:17 pm

I fibbed. lol.

Two of the top economists just said that the economy always does better under Democrats. Old news but does not mean I support them. I want a grand experiment, not just subtle reform.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:53 pm

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-strike-near-un-school-20140803-story.html

Uh oh. The US is appalled by Israel's continued bombing of Gaza.

Frank? You gonna be okay? This kind of puts you in a no-win situation. Either you agree with something the US government did, or you agree with Israel's bombing of Palestinians. Either way, it's got to be killing you to admit it.

In linguistics, this is called a Double Bind.

:(

DanielBarron

Postby DanielBarron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:17 pm

:shock:

Return to “General”