Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:47 pm

You remind me of my cousins and that ain't a compliment.
:lol:

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 pm

many loathsome and repellent characters simply because you perceive them to be opposed to American interests.

AND whose behavior (whether Putin's or Hamas') is at least as intrusive, disenfranchising, and single-minded as that for America's interests!

What's next? The much-wronged and misunderstood Kim Jong-il of North Korea?

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

And Rob continues in his role as the scoffing, mocking, unrepentant twat.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm

FrankChurch wrote:How do you benefit? Notice that gas prices are going back up.

Expectations are that oil prices are going to fall ten dollars a barrel in the next two months.

What you pay at the pump is not the same as what Russia collects for their oil.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Rick, no insults. I know everyone's on edge regarding recent unfortunate events, but let's not collectively go back there.

Thanks.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Rick,

Where did you perceive THAT? Ezra broke me up, he himself casted criticism at Frank, and I followed that up with a question that was no more out-of-line than anyone else's: will N. Korea be Frank's next crusade? I don't think that crossed the lines of etiquette. At least apply some balance to your intepretation, man! I don't think that was fair of you at all.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 pm

You're right. Steve. I regret that post. It was just knee jerk bullshit on my account.

You're right. The news about the Finder is too fresh. He's at least the third person who's decided to leave this place for similar reasons since I started coming here.

But I should know better. Please accept my apology for making your job more difficult.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:56 pm

But why did I take the rap for someone else's quote? At least read who's saying what.

AndrewR

Postby AndrewR » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:38 pm

robochrist wrote:But why did I take the rap for someone else's quote? At least read who's saying what.

Rob, after all that's happened this week do you think that maybe you oughta rethink this? Let's not throw napalm on a bonfire that you helped start. Pretty please?
Andrew Rogers

"Anything more than 500 yds from the car just isn't photogenic." - Brett Weston

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm

To his credit, this place is Frank's thing. We're very off topic. Still feeling lonely, Franklin?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:To his credit, this place is Frank's thing. We're very off topic. Still feeling lonely, Franklin?

Good point. Thanks Rick.

Frank, care to restart a topic?

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 pm

I think Barber's nailed it, about both Russia and Frank. I'll only add that Frank reflexively hates America and her allies, and instinctively supports anyone who opposes them, including American "dissenters," the one group of Americans he does like. He claims to be sympathetic to the "ordinary" American, but if that mythical creature dares to voice an opinion contrary to his own, Frank unloads his vitriol on them. In his kinder moments, he simply condescends to "ordinary" Americans, pitying the poor fools for allowing themselves to be manipulated and brainwashed by the neo-fascist corporatist imperialist hegemonic capitalist ruling class, which he's wise enough to see through.
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm not sure why it is the Israeli's seem to get more upset when a soldier is captured than they do when the soldiers are killed. Kill twenty in combat it's a tragedy. Capture one alive and they go ape.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28606099

I suppose we all tend to do the same thing, but it's intriguing to me nonetheless.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:28 pm

I must be crazy for hating a country I live in. I'm sure your Republican friends, who want to deport children to their deaths will keep me up to date on the latest ethic.

You need to read the book by Norm Ornstein and Thomas Mann, two moderate hawks, about how one party has abandoned regular parliamentary order. Guess which party.

----------

Ezra wants me to lie half the time, tell the truth the other. Cannot do that. My sources cannot be debated so shrill sabre rattling is the norm.

The book by John Tirman proves why I go after America so strong. The evidence cannot be easily ducked.

Here's the list from the book:

http://www.johntirman.com/The%20List.html

---------

I don't care for either Hamas or Putin but I do want to avoid my country going into another war and I want innocent Palestinians not to be murdered by an insane state.

Their love for one soldier proves that. One soldier has more humanity than a thousand civilians. Sick.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm

The ultimate crime of America is invention of nuclear weapons. That could lead to world wide death.

Return to “General”