Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:24 pm

That BBC link doesn't hold much weight. The author is an Israeli military historian, a flak for their power. He talks about the tunnels but doesn't prove that civilians are being used as shields. It would be crazy for Palestinians to sacrifice their own children to die for Hamas.

The UN did say that Israel is doing a criminal action.

Let us not forget that Israel has been punishing the Palestinians way before Hamas ever existed. Israel even supported Hamas back in the day, then sold them out. Hamas shoots rockets in protest for the siege and blockade. It is a stupid tactic, but there you are.

Were the 4 kids on the dock kicking a soccer ball Hamas?

-----------

Nancy Pelosi made me sick defending Israel. Using their talking points. I wonder what california arabs think?

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:57 pm

I feel he did murder him
Feelings aren't admissible in a court of law. And I would be surprised if the choke hold officer was charged with anything higher than involuntary manslaughter, especially with a preliminary autopsy report that shows no damage to the wind pipe or the neck bones, and a video that, while showing the choke hold and the excessive force, also shows Garner was given multiple chances to surrender quietly and responded by being argumentative and confrontational, including refusing to be handcuffed (which is usually considered "resisting arrest".) It doesn't mean Garner deserved the response, which was way out of scale; but it's certainly going to introduce reasonable doubt to a criminal case jury that's going to be told by the prosecution the cop was being overzealous or acted without any provocation whatsoever. If anything, I'd expect a settlement and that it never goes to trial.

Also, I see you appear to lack the courage of your convictions to defend your call for violence as "in line".

I loathe Al Sharpton, this is a man who said he would not ever criticize Barack Obama and has done no Gaza reports on his show.

Al Sharpton criticizes Obama (on the matter of the race conversation being muzzled):
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-me ... ssing-race

Al Sharpton does a Gaza report on his show:
http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/wat ... 8118595783

0 for 2, thus.

DanielBarron

Postby DanielBarron » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:59 pm

If Hamas shoots rockets in protest for the siege and blockade how do you explain the fact that the rockets began (2005) two years before the siege and blockade (2007) ? :?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:34 pm

For the third time:

The entrances and probably the tunnels themselves are booby-trapped with explosives. These were first used during the Israeli offensive against Gaza in 2008-09. They were deemed successful so the project was expanded and accelerated.

And to reiterate

the entrances are mostly located on the bottom floor of houses, mosques, schools or other public buildings.

Say again they're not hiding behind civilians???
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

What a horse's ass Marco Rubio is.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic ... es-n163151

It's always nauseating to hear bigots whining about being discirminated against. I have a right to discriminate! And you can't criticize me for it because doggonit that would be discrimination!
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm

FrankChurch wrote:the slimy criminal state of Israel.

Mike Bloomberg can stay there.

Chuck Schumer...made some pretty sick statements on Hardball last night.

Chris Matthews is a sick arab hater too.

Sharpton is far from his old self...I personally cannot stand him.

Nancy Pelosi made me sick defending Israel.

What a horse's ass Marco Rubio is.

You're gonna start feeling pretty lonely soon, Frank, old boy.
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

(Psst, Robert. The Horse's Ass comment came from Ezra. I've met Ezra. We drank coffee together. He's a friend of mine. Ezra is no Frank Church.)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Steve -- Oops. My mistake. Sorry, Ezra. Sorry, Frank. I may need reading glasses. (Very funny line, by the way.)
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am

I have faith that Ezra will be as wise as I. :)

------------

Some flak from Israel just said it is safe to be in Israel. I thought Hamas wanted to destroy it? The lies just keep coming.

Biden is in Cincy to talk at the Urban League convention. I hope there is a decent protest there. I could get arrested, pray for me.

---------

Loving the Refusniks who wrote in the Washington Post that they will refuse to serve in Gaza. Very loving people. Never Again.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Hamas ONLY wants peace, as do ALL terrorist groups!

Let's ALL be as wise as Frank!

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Loving the Refusniks who wrote in the Washington Post that they will refuse to serve in Gaza.

Are the Gazans going to refuse to serve in Gaza, too?

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 pm

...wise as me...

Another botched execution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/us/ar ... .html?_r=1

Capital punishment debases us all. This horror doubly so.

Hmmmm...maybe there is a god after all.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michele-bac ... -a-chance/

http://time.com/2902474/rick-perry-president-2016/
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Botching The Killer Tomato

There may be an answer to this, but I don't understand why it's complicated! Just anesthetize the subject as surgeons do for an operation, then administer an overdose of barbiturates while he's in a deep sleep. It just seems intuitively simple to figure out, and I wish an expert would explain why it isn't done that way. Like euthanizing your dog when that awful time becomes necessary.

Lots of murders are achieved quickly when the victim is asleep. Why does killing become probematic once a subject is on the table?

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:32 pm

My understanding is that the companies who manufacture the most efficient drugs that could be used for the purpose of executions are based in Europe and will not sell them for that sort of use. Shhhhh...nobody tell Frank. Corporations acting ethically and honorably. His head would explode.

The solution is obvious. Join the rest of the civilized world and end capital punishment.

Return to “General”