Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

DanielBarron

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby DanielBarron » Sat May 03, 2014 11:54 pm

"Every country and political movement in the world has a lobby in Washington."

But how many have top secret floor plans for their lobby?

http://www.operatorchan.org/m/src/139015887322.png

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Sun May 04, 2014 12:28 am

DanielBarron wrote:"Every country and political movement in the world has a lobby in Washington."

But how many have top secret floor plans for their lobby?

http://www.operatorchan.org/m/src/139015887322.png

That's fabulous. I particularly like the secret room for Zionist folk-dancing and the kitchen stocked with bagels.
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 am

I will agree that the corporate lobby is worse. The Cuban lobby is pretty strong as well. You had Clinton blockading Haiti, sending refugees back to certain torture and death, while the cubans got a red carpet. Haiti has no lobby.

Think of Israel as Donald Sterling and the Palestinians as the black players.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

FrankChurch wrote:Think of Israel as Donald Sterling and the Palestinians as the black players.

So Israel is an ignorant bigot, and is spending a fortune paying money to the wealthy Palestinians so that it can make money off of them?

Not even a stretch can make this one work, Frank. Not even on a Monday.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 am

FrankChurch wrote: Think of Israel as Donald Sterling and the Palestinians as the black players.

And which country is V. Stiviano?
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 am

Barber, they are trying to kick african immigrants out of the country because they are not jewish--that's not bigotry?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 am

Boko Haram and their selling of African schoolgirls makes me sick. I hope there is something sane we can do to stop it.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Mon May 05, 2014 10:00 am

FrankChurch wrote:Haiti has no lobby.

Wrong again, Frank. http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/rel ... bying-firm

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 am

Frank, you either do not know or prefer not to acknowledge that the African "immigrants" illegally entered Israel by sneaking over the fence on the border between Egypt and Israel. Some of them are eligible for asylum as political refugees (such as the migrants from Eritrea) but many are not (such as the ones from Sudan). Though they are undocumented immigrants, Israel does not send them back to Egypt, because Egypt will then send them back to their home countries where they'll be dealt with harshly (and Egypt will certainly not let them take up residence in Egypt). Accordingly, Israel has issued temporary visas which must be renewed every three months while negotiating.with friendly African countries to accept the undocumented migrants in return for Israeli aid and agricultural assistance. Israel is acting humanely to settle this issue, yet you castigate it and say nothing about the either the less humane host countries or Egypt. And isn't it interesting that so many people want to immigrate to Israel, even illegally, despite it being the "fascist" stste you repeatedly claim it is?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 05, 2014 12:15 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Barber, they are trying to kick african immigrants out of the country because they are not jewish--that's not bigotry?

Yes, but last I checked Sterling wasn't kicking anyone off the team and is paying them handsomely to stick around. And they aren't illegal immigrants. There's a real context you're failing to admit is framing both issues.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Max Blumenthal's new book, must read. Read that and you think Israel is the worst place there is, trust me. The book is vetted up the ass, because Blumenthal does something very few supporters of the holy state do, he actually sees it for himself.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 05, 2014 1:18 pm

A friend of mine is such a supporter. She is an investigative writer. She has been there many times. She also mentions that Israelis -- the people you claim to love, not the government you loathe -- have developed a very cynical view of their neighbors, built largely upon the kind of paranoia that comes from being attacked multiple times by neighbors who have vowed to push them into the ocean.

Using your own logic, the Israeli frame of mind is every bit as valid as the Palestinian one.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Criminality tends to trump any cynicism, especially when those crimes are universally condemned. I doubt Rachel Corrie wanted Israel relegated to the sea when that bulldozer ran over her body. She was an American. The lobby even tried to ban a play about her life. Amira Hass was shot at by the IDF, she is Israeli and a reporter for Haaretz. Patraes isn't Palestinian but said that Israeli policy is hurting our security and he's everybody's hero.

Most Palestinians are innocent of any crime but they suffer the most while Israelis jog on pristine beaches. The horror.

-----------

I know this bores you all but Chomsky is stunning once again:

http://www.alternet.org/putins-takeover ... page=0%2C0

Cuba is a good example, along with Hawaii and Mexico. At least Crimea is Russian, Cuba certainly aint American.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Israel aiding South Africa in Angola what did that have to do with Palestinians? Barberrrrrrr.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Frank: If Crimea is Russian, then why did Russia have to invade in order to get it?

Return to “General”