Ethics and the Borrowing of Videotapes

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

JaySmith

Postby JaySmith » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 am

Yes, but we're here.

Rudiger Treehorn
Banned

Postby Rudiger Treehorn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:33 am

Golly, Eric, I bet you stand in front of mirrors and say 'Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman' too.

Maybe there's a gangbang going on inside the Secret Pavillion.

P.A. Berman
Banned

Postby P.A. Berman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm

Rudiger, (acronym for "rude rig")

I'm sure they were jizzing their boxers over Harlan giving me shit over his reading comprehension error on the Pavilion. Hey, they make bets over who I'm going to insult and how-- they bet each other DINNER! Long after I no longer thought about them, their novels, and their issues. They colored Harlan's memories of I-Con, so that somehow Susan, to whom I spoke zero words, and whom I hardly recall meeting, called me mean, mean names as if she knows me. Please, guys, let's not pretend you didn't bitch to the old man about me. Do you people have nothing better to do than hold petty grudges about shit that happened on the internet? I guess it filters down all the way from the top. Not a pretty quality.

What a bunch of sycophantic losers with too much free time. Sure, Todd, if Harlan thought YOU called him an asshole when you didn't, I'm sure you wouldn't correct him. You'd just say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

This is what I get for coming out of the woodwork. This is a sick place, and I don't know why you bother with it, Eric. I'm not going to anymore.

PAB
I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't matter anyway. ~Jack Kerouac

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 pm

>I don't know why you bother with it, Eric. <

It's a sickness. I think Satre has a word for it, but I forgot it.

As for Larry, Curly, and Moe, they've all obviously been collecting on too many dinners, and a good two hours a night on the treadmill for each of them would go miles towards improving their general outlook on just about everything. Defending Ellison's senescent reputation against imagined assaults suddenly won't seem like the meaning of life.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:36 pm

Eric -
I believe you mean Sartre.

I don't know the specific term you seek, but here's a JPS quote for you and one for Paula.

Paula: Hell is other people.

Eric: A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost.

My own favorite: Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.

Just feeling a little existential in the rain.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:10 am

And now, for a break from the from the usual hijinks of our merry band, here's our current fracas in a nutshell:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/

And while you're at it, please enjoy Magial Trevor:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/

Chuck

Disclaimer:

The above links are to content provided in a completely legal and ethical manner by people who created the content or have linked it with the permission of the artists. This is not Underhanded, Unprincipaled or Unbritish, no way no how. So there. The above links are not in any way meant to imply that anyone here is now or ever has been a poopy-head.

Except Frank. But then, he accepts who and what he is, unlike 99.3% of the rest of humanity, so that's cool.

Oh, and the first one will take a little time to load if you're using dial-up, so play a game of Solitaire while you wait. It'll be worth it.
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Return to “General”