The Wyatt Vacation Thing (Extendamix)

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Jon Stover
Banned

The Wyatt Vacation Thing (Extendamix)

Postby Jon Stover » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:08 pm

Yes, that's what all the veiled postings and PMs and other stuff was about over the last three weeks or so.

Beyond thanking everyone who contributed again, we're pretty aware that some people may have slipped through the cracks (this probably would have been easier two years ago, before bulk email folders became the norm as a spam filter. Also, we probably shouldn't have entitled our first email 'Extend your penis!' Live and learn). As I don't think palsofrick wants to handle any more money (I know I don't!), keep in mind that there are any number of ways to show appreciation to Rick.

Cheers, Jon Stover

KristinRuhle

Postby KristinRuhle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:45 am

Yiiiiikes!!!!!

...but I DO check my Yahoo spam folder!!!!!

and I've *never* seen anything in my PM box.... (It says you have no new messages is that PMs???) Well i've only been here a year, the Pavilion board has been around four or five years and this board somewhat less, but quite awhile. (This SITE is 10 years old which is a near eternity as time goes on the Internet; it's seen lots of commercial sites go boom and bust!) Rick you are AWESOME, who else is crazy enough to webmaster a site for 10 years unless they're paid to? Or even if they ARE paid to? You deserve a great time! Ooh, you know how I envy anyone who's actually been to Ellison Wonderland (altho i understand it's not your first time!) Still willing to send $ (paypal?)

kristin
kristin@rahul.net (best)
hyzenthlay94086@yahoo.com
I'm the wrong sex for that! I delete those things ASAP!

Jon Stover
Banned

Postby Jon Stover » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:42 am

If anyone else wants to make a request like Kristin's (I just emailed her), then do so here, post an email (preferably for your sake in non-robot-scannable form) so I can respond to you, and do so by Friday night 8 p.m. EST.

Alternately, anyone who wants to initiate FOOR2, East Coast FOOR, West Coast FOOR, Great Lakes FOOR, FOOR Europe, the Brotherhood of Evil FOOR or FOOR Antarctica could also do so, which would also be great.

Cheers, Jon

BrianSiano

Postby BrianSiano » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:08 am

I'm not even sure I got the initial email: Akojen tells me my address was in the header, so it _was_ sent to me, but I think my spam filter killed it. (She and Alex Jay forwarded me copies.)

And what bugs me is this. Yesterday, I printed a note for myself at work of Things to Get Done That Evening: register Philcon stuff, design a reg form, pay some bills, upload some mortgage deals, make phone calls about my cousin's funeral, do the thing for Rick... and when I finally logged on I saw Jon's note on the Pavilion.

Urgh.
"Everything... Everything... Everything gonna be all RIGHT this mornin'..."
-- Muddy Waters

Earl Wells

Postby Earl Wells » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:36 am

Jon, PAB, & rich--

Thanks for initiating, managing, and completing this very worthwhile project. Any good deed takes some doing, and I appreciate your efforts.

P.A. Berman
Banned

Postby P.A. Berman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:51 am

Earl Wells wrote:Jon, PAB, & rich--

Thanks for initiating, managing, and completing this very worthwhile project. Any good deed takes some doing, and I appreciate your efforts.

Don't forget Eric Martin. He was part of it too.

Rick deserves it. I hope he has a great vacation with Harlan and finds a way to spend some of the money on fun stuff while he's there too.

For anyone who missed out on this, well, we did our best to contact everyone. You can always send an Amazon gift card via e-mail if the spirit moves you to gift Rick on your own. It's never a bad time to say thank you to someone who does so much for us out of the goodness of his heart.

PAB
I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't matter anyway. ~Jack Kerouac

Earl Wells

Postby Earl Wells » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm

Sorry, Eric. I didn't exclude you on purpose; I didn't know you were part of the team. Thanks to you too for performing this good work.

debbie

Postby debbie » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:52 pm

Sigh. I guess maybe I should post more than once a year. Hat's off to you, Rick, for all your good and patient work. I hope you have a great vacation.

debbie

KristinRuhle

Postby KristinRuhle » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:34 pm

Oh oh....missed it again (the mailserver was down yesterday evening!) It's usually at leat 9pm Pacific before I get on anyway.

Kristin

JaySmith

Postby JaySmith » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:28 am

Yes, now that it can be said openly:

Much love and mad props to Jon, Eric, Paula, Rich for making this happen. A great cause for a great guy.

rich

Postby rich » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:02 am

I say this without any false humility or guile: Quite honestly, we may have gotten the ball rolling, but you guys that contributed also deserve a hand, and are a big big reason this was even possible.

You trusted us to do the right thing. Even those of you that wanted to contribute, but couldn't because of personal reasons, still found a way to contribute by working with Pals of Rick. You guys didn't have to, but you did. Despite all our bickering, and the occasional dustup, you guys came through. THAT is what is commendable.

Again, enough with the congratulations to us and make sure you don't forget this was definitely a group effort. This most assuredly could not have been done without you. Thank you.

Alex Jay Berman

Postby Alex Jay Berman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:47 am

I feel awful. I fell off the world for a bit, and missed the deadline. I'm wondering if I can send Rick a nice little something ...

P.A. Berman
Banned

Postby P.A. Berman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Alex Jay Berman wrote:I feel awful. I fell off the world for a bit, and missed the deadline. I'm wondering if I can send Rick a nice little something ...

You received at least 2 messages, possibly 3 if my count is correct. Apparently you had time to forward it to Brian, which wouldn't really have taken you any longer than it would to send some $$$ via PayPal-- it literally takes seconds to do that, or to shoot me a response e-mail about sending a check. Give me a break, man.

PAB
I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't matter anyway. ~Jack Kerouac

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:48 pm

I AM STILL AVAILABLE FOR SENDING MONIES VIA PAYPAL BTW
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RICK AT RICK WYATT DOT COM

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:43 pm

I too am available, for those who have tired of sending their loose folding money to whiny hurricane victims, starving Africans, or beleagured webmasters.

emartin149 AT sbcglobal DOT net

Return to “General”