The "Honesty" of PETER REEVES...and other troglydy

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

The "Honesty" of PETER REEVES...and other troglydy

Postby robochrist » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:49 pm

Whatever Clinton did or didn't do has little relevance to the alerts brought directly to Bush's attention on the condition of the levees and their inablity to withstand the inevitable point 4s and 5's. If he'd provided the funding as ample as you seem to believe, why would he have been told the levees were in serious need of upgrading.

They alerted BUSH, yet the flow of federal dollars toward SELA dropped to a trickle. The corps never tried to hide the fact that the spending pressures of Iraq, as well as homeland security - coming at the same time as federal tax cuts - was the reason for the strain.

At least nine articles in the Times-Picayune from 2004 and 2005 specifically cite the cost of Iraq as a reason for the lack of hurricane and flood-control dollars.

What the fuck does that have to do with Clinton? You Conservatives argue ANY bullshit to navigate around the crucial issues. You all suckle the teat of blind faith and walk about autonomically stupid. And YOUR stupidity is the reason this country is getting fucked.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 pm

I would have been more likely to agree with you had you posted your opinion THREE times instead of just two. As it is, I'll be pulling the lever for a Republican in 2008. Have a nice day.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:04 pm

ps. In reference to your swipe at Conservatives as being "stupid," you probably meant "anatomically stupid," not " autonomically stupid."

Glass houses, etc.

Stay safe out there, and use caution when you're around sharp objects, okay?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:55 am

Duane, when you pull your pecker, I mean lever for those splendid Republicreeps, remember, you are representing for the Cotten Mather right who want to ban science in loo of creationism and theocracy, and you also want a fascist bund to live at the margins of the machine, and that machine will spit fire and old, stinking oil and the trail of sizzling tears and sweat.

You want that on your soul?

Duane

Postby Duane » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:48 pm

Duane, when you pull your pecker, I mean lever for those splendid Republicreeps, remember, you are representing for the Cotten Mather right who want to ban science in loo of creationism and theocracy

Nice try, but I'm not falling for red herring arguments anymore. Both parties have their fringe (as do the "third" parties), and I probably fall for the rantings of the Republican fringe about as often as you fall for the fringe elements of Those On The Other Side Of The Aisle.

...and you also want a fascist bund to live at the margins of the machine, and that machine will spit fire and old, stinking oil and the trail of sizzling tears and sweat.

Dude, that is Righteous Poetry! You're published, aren't you? If not, then you should be. I'm serious about that. :D

Duane

Postby Duane » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:16 pm

Believe it or not, I've learned quite a bit by reading the differing opinions of my fellow Webderlanders. There is a lot to consider. I guess that's why I react the way I do to blanket statements like Rob O'Christ's (it's okay to admit you're Irish! :wink: ).

Can't we all come together around our common love of God and Country and prance around the American maypole?

I'll even let you lead.

Duane

Postby Duane » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:33 pm

Just because I love y'all:

Don't say I never gave you anything for Christmas....!

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:11 pm

Breaking radio silence for a coda:

You know what Bush REALLY thinks about Roe versus Wade?

He doesn't care how they get out of New Orleans.

Return to “General”