Search found 1214 matches

by Douglas Harrison
Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.
Replies: 11791
Views: 700743

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Yes, I agree with you, Steve B., that sovereign nations must respect each other's borders. If they don't, well, that way lies conflict and chaos. Civilization needs agreed-upon standards. That being said, Putin perhaps believes Ukraine is really part of a larger Russia and that he is defending again...
by Douglas Harrison
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:52 am
Forum: General
Topic: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.
Replies: 11791
Views: 700743

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Okay complexity: Well, fact is, there were fascist paramilitaries among the protestors,  and, fact is, many of the protestors did receive funding from the west,  and, fact is, much of Ukraine is ethnically Russian, or at least speaks Russian as a first language, and do want closer ties to Russia,  ...
by Douglas Harrison
Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:10 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.
Replies: 11791
Views: 700743

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

It is very easy to demonize Putin so as to cover up the more complex nature of the situations on the ground. You say this after misrepresenting the protesters in your "nutshell" summary of the crisis in Ukraine. Not everyone in the streets was violent, be it toward the military or their o...
by Douglas Harrison
Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 pm
Forum: General
Topic: SCIENCE VS RELIGION
Replies: 8451
Views: 600363

Re: SCIENCE VS RELIGION

FrankChurch wrote:Sin only states that men are morally flawed beings.

First, sin states nothing; it is merely the word for the transgression of divine law. Second, the word is empty to those who don't share your unfounded belief in said law.

You make no argument.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 pm
Forum: Webderlanders
Topic: AKA Demonocrites
Replies: 127
Views: 81852

Re: AKA Demonocrites

Hi, Mike.

"Resides alone" would have sounded better.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 pm
Forum: Pop Culture
Topic: THE DOCTOR...is in
Replies: 108
Views: 70749

Re: THE DOCTOR...is in

Robert Nason wrote:Gee, I posted here last night and today my post is gone. Did I do something wrong?

It wasn't you, Robert. I posted in one of the other threads last night, and my words went into the ether, as well. The site was offline when I checked it around 11:30 PST.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 pm
Forum: Webderlanders
Topic: AKA Demonocrites
Replies: 127
Views: 81852

Re: AKA Demonocrites

I've been trying to post more lately. The life of a trucker who lives alone can be a tad isolating.

I think I'll reopen a Twitter account, though I want it to have a creative bent. I wish I had the time for Facebook or a blog of some sort.

Cheers,
D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:20 pm
Forum: General
Topic: SCIENCE VS RELIGION
Replies: 8451
Views: 600363

Re: SCIENCE VS RELIGION

FrankChurch wrote:Mark, that's sin. Sin denies the moral universe.

Sin only exists to those who believe in divine law, and, as has been repeated here ad nauseam, there is no evidence of divinity available to us mortals. So your statement is worthless to those of us who do not share your unfounded belief.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:41 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.
Replies: 11791
Views: 700743

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

This is Ukraine in a nutshell: The EU offered a loan if they reformed their economy, allowed investors to loot the economy, integrated with Europe, possibly entering NATO, privatization. Russia offered more money, cheap gas, oil, integration with them. Ukraine chose Russia, right wing protesters we...
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:42 am
Forum: General
Topic: THE PAVILION ANNEX
Replies: 9947
Views: 1370555

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Ezra Lb. wrote:So I recommend everyone keep a written journal. It may be the only way future ages can learn anything about the thoughts and feelings of inhabitants of this the most recorded age in history.


A good recommendation, that. Just don't ask me to sculpt anything.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:32 am
Forum: General
Topic: THE PAVILION ANNEX
Replies: 9947
Views: 1370555

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

FrankChurch wrote:Still driving a truck, Douglas?

Flatdeckin', you bet.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 am
Forum: General
Topic: Spill yer guts.
Replies: 331
Views: 146317

Re: Spill yer guts.

Chuck Messer wrote:Be well, Doug. My condolences on your loss.

Chuck

Thank you, Chuck. I confess I lost a couple of nights' sleep, but thoughts of her brought the sun while I was on the road, of that I'm sure.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 am
Forum: General
Topic: THE PAVILION ANNEX
Replies: 9947
Views: 1370555

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

FrankChurch wrote:Everything said online lives forever, sadly.

Perhaps we'll all end up embarrassed. And then, shameless.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:58 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Spill yer guts.
Replies: 331
Views: 146317

Re: Spill yer guts.

FrankChurch wrote:Sorry about Wendy, Douglas.

Thank you, Frank.

D.
by Douglas Harrison
Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 pm
Forum: General
Topic: SCIENCE VS RELIGION
Replies: 8451
Views: 600363

Re: SCIENCE VS RELIGION

Barber wrote:Schenectady.


Good one, Mr. B.

D.

Go to advanced search